Saturday, March 23, 2013

TEACHING PHILOSOPY


MY TEACHING PHILOSOPHY 


I have always taken teaching as a passion and believe it needs to inspire learning. It’s informed by what I deliver and what I have learnt from my success and failures. Being a teacher, who understands the learning needs, provides a secure atmosphere for the kids to grow and mature emotionally, intellectually, psychologically and socially, it is my utmost goal to meet their fullest potentials by providing all these.
As a facilitator I believe learner-oriented teaching is more meaningful and enduring. By understanding the students learning needs, how they approach to what they learn and how they show what they learn to increase their efficiency is a key method I follow in most of the lesson. This is adopted to cater for different ability levels of the learners since I need to know the social/academic needs, strengths and weakness of all my students to foster and meet all their needs.
As an educator I proactively plan varied approaches based on their learning diversity to build their curiosity to learning and closely observe their progress and outcomes of the varied approaches I practice. I cater for each individual need within a mixed ability classroom by planning different levels of tasks to build on their understanding and make sure it is challenging and interesting for them. Also the students are appropriately challenged which allows them to move on to more challenging tasks to build on their cognitive skills and effectiveness. In addition to this motivating the students towards learning helps the lesson to build the confidence in them to grow and become lifelong learners.
By giving clear explanations, providing meaningful concepts from their environment I make sure they understand the lesson in depth and pace it accordingly. Moreover, practicing varied exercises regularly and providing a positive feedback on their learning outcomes and personally instructing them on the areas they need to improve on and, also in written form I evaluate their level of progress. In addition to these asking questions about what they have learnt at the end of each lesson assures that I meet the learning objective of the lesson. Furthermore, getting a feedback from the students about the lesson gives me a clear over view of the lesson and what I need to improve further to make the lessons more challenging.
Through observation and feedback on the lesson I go on improving the lessons to adapt to the students’ needs. I bring about the necessary changes and go on with new strategies which will benefit the students more. The varied teaching approaches are then applied in teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment